Salted Pork

Salted Pork

Sum ā™„ pls

chopped onions, kokam and kashmiri chilliesSalted pork is a simple dish to cook up, it hardly takes any time after you finish with the marination part, yet its a tasty dish to snack on. Its also is the way you cook the pork for Fejuada, that will be the next recipe up on the blog. If you joined us on facebook, you would have known that.

Salted Pork Ingredients:

1/2 Kilo Pork
1 Table spoon salt
2 Onions
4 Kashmiri Chillies
4 Kokam can be cut into tiny pieces

Salted Pork Method:

Prior to making the salted pork, the pork needs to be sliced without cutting completely, to help marination, salt it and store it in the fridge for three days.
salted and semi sliced pork
Once your done with that, its time to slice and dice the meat into slight lager pieces than you would want to eat.
cut the pork into medium pieces
Put a vessel on the fire and add the pork, no need to add any oil as the meat will cook in its own fat.
fry the pork in its own fat
Once it gets hot and begins to stick to the vessel add a little water to avoid that from happening.
add some water to cook the meat
Add the Kokam to the meat and stir it.
add kokam to the pork
Immediately after that you can add the onions and chillies to the salted pork and stir occasionally.
add the onions and chillies
Once the salted pork turns brownish in colour try a piece it should not take more than thirty minutes.
once brown the salted pork is ready
Unbelievably yummy for the simple procedure that it involves to cook it. This pork is also added to Feijoada, that will be the next dish to add to our lovely Goan cuisine recipe collection.
Well done salted pork

Hi, I'm the guy who does most of the work to keep this site up. It's something that i'm passionate about but wish I had more support to keep it synced with the vision I have of it šŸ™‚

I keep pushing myself and love innovating in the kitchen.Hope you see my smiling face more often, that just means there will be more recipes coming up. <3 Peace and Love Always šŸ™‚

14 Responses to Salted Pork

1. Ferns January 13, 2011 at 4:20 am #

Great to have the recipe. reminds me of days gone by and the food cooked at home.Sadly, we did not care about the recipes then,but now we do.Thanks a lot for the same. I had requested some time back for a genuine goan beef roast receipe.If u can I woild love to have the same. Thanks once again.

2. ANETTE February 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm #

I have tried some of your reciepes and they have turned out really great dishes. Chicken Xacuti has turned really delicious. Thank You for your detailed and easy to cook reciepes with precise illustrations. Great job indeed!

3. Nigel March 18, 2011 at 4:33 am #

clyde , what if i dont have kokam. is there anyother substitute i can use ?

4. Clyde March 18, 2011 at 4:36 am #

@ nigel

you can try some bits of tamarind šŸ™‚

5. Anonymous August 3, 2011 at 6:37 am #

can i prepare chicken in this manner

6. Clyde August 3, 2011 at 6:39 am #

@ anonymous

experimentation with food is always recommended šŸ˜€ just make sure you have enough skin of chicken to = the amount of oil from the pork fat… or add some oil but that doesn't make it the same…

7. Anonymous September 27, 2012 at 7:39 am #

dear clyde – is the pork called Solatlem dukra mas?
    frm – daisy

8. jose fernandes September 27, 2012 at 7:39 am #

detailed pics n easy to understand,i have shared your page with so many of my friends in europe and canada thankyou,job well done

9. Henrietta November 17, 2012 at 4:44 am #

Goan beef stew recipe is much needed can u post it on your blog- Henrietta

10. Clyde April 6, 2013 at 3:11 am #

yes its called that šŸ™‚

11. marzzzz.... June 10, 2013 at 10:14 am #

It was lovely, the recipe. Ate it such a long time ago and no one in my family seemed to have the recipe. Rekindled so many memories. Thanks a ton.

12. Elizabeth June 10, 2013 at 10:31 am #

Hi, Clyde. I've been using your recipes for a couple of years now. I'm a Brazilian married to a Goan guy. Feijoada is our national dish. Would love to try this pork on it's own first and then in feijoada.

Keep posting… Thanks

13. CUTHBERT January 28, 2014 at 5:50 am #

Hi can you help me in obtaining a metal mold as in the plastic molds the shell shape does not come out well. Thanks.
    Happy Christmas to you and the family. Norma

14. bepositive_25 June 24, 2014 at 3:55 pm #

Hi……… tried your 'salted pork' last week…….. was nice n easy n yummy……… the whole family enjoyed it….. have made the second batch today and am gonna try the Feijoda today……. Thanx n God Bless!