Prawn Rissois

Prawn Rissois

Today we have an authentic recipe handed down straight from the Portuguese while they were in our beloved Goa! Its called the Prawn Rissois, pronounced as Rissoee its a mouth watering appetizer, that melts in your mouth!

There are two steps involved in the Prawn Rissoe Recipe, first is to make the stuffing that’s put inside the rissole. Is possible to make it with even ham, corned beef or anything else you think will go well, but this Rissole is with prawns.

Making white sauce

Prawn Rissole Stuffing:

White sauce with prawns!

Prawn Rissole Stuffing Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Milk
3 Teaspoons maida
1 Heaped Tsp Butter
1/2 Cup boiled prawns
Salt, Pepper and Cheese to taste
A dash of Nutmeg

Make a white sauce using the butter, maida & milk. Add the milk and butter on the fire, when warm add the maida slowly and stir continuously.

Clean and boil the prawns and keep them aside.
Boiled clean prawns
Add the salt, peeper and the dash of grated nutmeg to the white sauce.
Add pepper to white sauce
When the mixture thickens add the prawns and keep stirring.
add prawns to white sauce
Grated cheese is for the taste, this really depends on how much flavor and taste you want. Add the cheese and stir it up, it should all blend pretty well.
Add grated cheese

Once thats done keep it aside, its now time to make the dough that will act as the enclosing for the Rissole mixture.

Prawn Rissole Dough Ingredients:
flour and maida
1 Tipri Atta
1/2 Tipri Maida
8 Ozs Water
2 Teaspoons Ghee
1 Teaspoon Salt

Pour the water into the vessel and heat it up
Heat water in a vessel
Bring the water, salt and ghee to a boil.
add ghee salt to boiling water
Then add the flours to the water.
add flour and maida
Keep stirring till it all mixes well.
Mix the flour in the water
Remove on flat surface and knead into a smooth dough.
knead into a smooth dough
Roll out the dough and cut into circles using the lid of a container or anything you think should work.
make circles from the dough
Once you have your circle ready place the filling in the center.
place the mixture in the center
Fold the rissole and fix the end with water
fold the circular dough
Dip each of theses pattys in a beaten egg
Dip the stuffed patty in egg
Once thats done turn both of its sides in bread crumbs
toss in bread crumbs
Fry until golden brown.
fry until golden brown
This is your ready to eat Prawn Rissoles, I can taste that melting stuffing in my mouth as I write this, you guys are in for a treat!
Prawn Rissoles

Hi, I'm the guy who does most of the work to keep this site up. It's something that i'm passionate about but wish I had more support to keep it synced with the vision I have of it 🙂

I keep pushing myself and love innovating in the kitchen.Hope you see my smiling face more often, that just means there will be more recipes coming up. <3 Peace and Love Always 🙂

12 Responses to Prawn Rissois

1. Anonymous December 17, 2009 at 4:50 am #

What is Tipri Atta. I know atta means flour.

Please help 🙂

2. Clyde December 17, 2009 at 4:53 am #

@ Anonymous

Tipri is an old time measure value that equals to a cigarette tin or a condensed milk tin

3. Anonymous May 17, 2010 at 5:13 am #

Nice going… the tipri… you obviously knew that question was coming.

This is an awesome site, from an information perspective and the layout.

Have you thought of getting into website design? You obviously have a talent for communication ( the 'tipri' being considered an acceptable lapse :-))

Keep up the awesome work.

Brian D'Souza

4. Shanti October 4, 2010 at 8:00 am #

Thank you for a fun and festive site. Even being half Goan, I never really learnt to cook Goan food. Have always wanted to learn… So I decided I was going to try the Prawn Rissoli. The steps are so well layed out I felt I could give it a shot. It actually turned out well. Thanks!

You have a really well designed site. What a fabulous tribute to your mother. Keep it going.

Shanti Potts

5. soma May 30, 2011 at 7:18 am #

Awesome, have learnt many recepies thru this site, please keep posting more Goan dishes.
    Love Goa and goan dishes. No other can compare our cusine. Keep it up…

6. Anonymous September 27, 2012 at 7:41 am #

I love your site. I cook a lot of these recipes. Can you please tell me how to make a goan stew. I have no clue of cooking and my mother-in-law was a gr8 cook so my hubby always asks me to cook stuff i have never heard of. May her sould RIP but I need the recipe can you please help.

Esther

7. Clyde April 6, 2013 at 3:43 am #

Hi Ester,

we have the mixed meat stew recipe on the site…

Clyde 🙂

8. Clyde April 6, 2013 at 3:43 am #

9. Clyde April 6, 2013 at 3:44 am #

hi Brian,

Thanks and I am a part time web designer (not a designer but i put in a combination of things to get things done 🙂 )

cheers,

10. janice June 24, 2014 at 3:52 pm #

Hi…
    I tried the recipe.. they were delicious.. but my pastry was insanely sticky! I used 200 ml water with butter and about 100 – 150 gms dough.. Any advice on how to get it right next time?

11. Clyde June 24, 2014 at 3:53 pm #

Sticky pastry is the flower dough mixture going wrong, too much water. Try it with a lil less water, if sticky can add more dough always 🙂

12. Patrica October 7, 2015 at 10:25 am #

Hi Clyde
    Thank you for the wonderful recipes.
    Can the ressois be breaded and frozen and baked later rather than deep fried ?
    Do you think it will taste fine?
    Thanks