Walnut Drops

Walnut Drops

This recipe was thought to my mother forty years ago, when she was in her 10th grade by her teacher. She never really made these sweets until much later on in her life, now its an every year Christmas Special that sells and goes down like hotcakes.

Walnut Drops are relatively easy to make with a few common ingredients, but it would require some patience.

Ingredients:

1 Tin Condensed Milk
1 Cup Fresh Milk
1 ½ Cup Sugar
½ to 1 Cup Walnuts
2 Table spoons Cocoa Powder
1 Table Spoon Butter
A Cap full of Vanilla Essence

Put the fresh milk on the fire and let it boil till half.

Fresh Milk

Add the sugar and stir occasionally till it dissolves.

Add Sugar to Milk

Once all the sugar has dissolved add the condensed milk.

Nestle Condensed Milk Tin

Pouring Condensed Milk
Stir continuously till you find the mixture nice and thick.
Mother Stirring her Magic

Add the cocoa powder to the mixture and stir till its mixed evenly.

Cocoa Powder

Add Cocoa to the Mixture

After its evenly mixeed you can add the walnuts.

Shelled Walnuts

Drop the Walnuts in the Mixture

Just before taking the drops off the fire add some vanilla essence and one table spoon of butter.

Vanilla Essence

Add a Cap Full of Vanilla Essence

Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on a greased tray.

Making Drops of Walnut Mixture

Remove spoonfuls to create drops

Leave it overnight or as required till they dry.

Walnut Drops Drying

Ready Walnut Drops

Eat them or pack them everyones going to enjoy them!

Packed Walnut Drops

Hi, I'm the guy who does most of the work to keep this site up. It's something that i'm passionate about but wish I had more support to keep it synced with the vision I have of it 🙂

I keep pushing myself and love innovating in the kitchen.Hope you see my smiling face more often, that just means there will be more recipes coming up. <3 Peace and Love Always 🙂

, , ,

20 Responses to Walnut Drops

1. Audrey Mesquita e Vaz March 16, 2009 at 6:31 pm #

Yum! Yum! My mouth is watering just reading about it….I am sure going to love the taste of this!!

2. Anonymous December 1, 2009 at 4:30 pm #

I have taken most of the recipes and im sure they are going to taste better then what i make coz, im a good cook myself.. but your step by step instructions and the photos make it look so appetising.. tks

3. Pramila D'Sa Fernandes December 14, 2009 at 4:59 am #

hey great reciepie with some amazing illustrations
    u guys are doing some great job
    keep up the good work!!!!

4. Anonymous May 11, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

Hi! Thanks a lot, I tried it for Christmas and it was an absolute perfect one, my son was the most happiest one he just couldn't stop smiling and thinking that I made chocolate in the house, we all enjoyed it. Thank you again.

5. Louise Sequeira December 15, 2010 at 7:40 am #

Hey there

I tried this receipe yesterday and it turned out really great !!

Enjoyed…making it , it was simply well explained…

I am also looking for Neuri receipe …if possible can you please post that as well.

Thank you so much .

Louise Sequeira

6. Faye January 5, 2011 at 6:59 am #

Great and easy recipe…….and the illustration helps a lot…..thanks

7. sherlyn January 5, 2011 at 7:06 am #

Hello,
    Nice site,good presentation of the recipes.I tried making the walnut drops,it tasted good however I was not able to thicken the mixture..I t became semi thick so finally refrigerated the drops .Can you pls suggest what went wrong and/or the approx time frame to continue stirring.Thanks for the site..
    Regards,
    Sherzen

8. Clyde January 5, 2011 at 7:10 am #

@ Sherzen

its tough to get the walnut drops or any goan sweet at the first go, it all comes with practice.

You probably needed to keep it on the fire for longer till it hardened up.

To know when its ready, you need to take a little out and drop it in some water, if it hardens its ready to be taken out.

If not you need to keep stirring, Im sure you will get it with your next attempt! Be patient and all the best 🙂

9. Anonymous March 18, 2011 at 4:31 am #

Hi, I tried making the walnut drops,it tasted good however I was not able to completely dissolve the sugar. Can you pls suggest what went wrong .Thanks for the site..
    Regards,
    Lavina

10. Clyde March 18, 2011 at 4:33 am #

@ Lavina

you need to dissolve the sugar before you proceed with adding the condensed milk as mentioned in the recipe, keep stirring, follow the recipe

11. Lilia December 18, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

I've tried the milk cream receipe and it turned out awesome. The tip on testing the consistency in water really helped a lot

12. Anonymous June 5, 2012 at 5:30 am #

hi
    my name is julia. I have tried this receipe and it turned out awesome! but in future, for my walnut receipe, I shall probably use 1 1/2 cup walnuts. anyway, thanks for the wonderful receipe. I would like to have a receipe on how to make a simple fruit cake.

13. pAmELa December 19, 2012 at 2:40 am #

I increased the walnuts and ecreased the sugar. Still turned out great. Have a blessed Christmas….

14. Clyde April 6, 2013 at 3:25 am #

@ Julia

@ Pamela

Glad you guys had good success

15. Clyde November 30, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

We now have the recipe up 🙂

16. Diana Mascarenhas January 28, 2014 at 5:45 am #

Hi I tried this recipe but it got sticky… wat do I do now. It is sticking to the tray. Sumthin went a miss I guess. I followed all the steps. I guess I took it off the flame before it actually thickened

17. Anonymous January 28, 2014 at 5:45 am #

Hello I am Rita from Holland I have tried the above receipe to the T but the walnut drops are not getting hard since days and I need your help to alter this please advice urgently….

18. Lorraine Fletcher January 28, 2014 at 5:48 am #

Hi, tried out the recipe and it turned out great.would love to have the baked neuri recipe too. thanks again

19. Anonymous March 18, 2015 at 6:01 am #

Hi Clyde, I tried it and it turned out superb:) thanks so much cos this is my favourite Xmas sweet, Sophia

20. saira September 17, 2016 at 3:53 am #

please send me a easy cake receipe using desicated coconut.